Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Yes, we all hate T&C’s, but the intention of Opera South with these is to ensure no misunderstandings after ticket purchase and to assist with your enjoyment of the event, so please do read these. Where OS is referred to, this means Opera South.
1a. If you are unable to use your ticket for any of the events, please feel free to sell it at face value or less or give it to someone else who will enjoy the event. Regretfully, we cannot offer refunds and do not have any staff available to assist in the resale of tickets.
1b. If you pass on your ticket to someone else and the event involves a meal we will do our best to make changes to any dietary requirements if you let us know more than 21 days in advance, by email, but cannot guarantee to do so.
2. The ticket price and Gift Aid: We are obliged to point out to you that our event ticket prices all include a donation amount, without which OS would be unable to continue offering our great operas and events. You may choose to not pay or to increase this donation. The donation amount varies from between £7 and £20 depending on the event. If you opt in to Gift Aid, OS can claim the Gift Aid tax benefit on the donation amount of the ticket only.
3a. We accept payment via the website only with all major credit and debit cards, including American Express being accepted. If you choose to book via One Tree Books, they will also be making your booking via the Opera South website.
3b. The fee in all cases for processing a booking is £2 per person to go to towards the OS bank and administration charges. OS is not VAT registered.
3c. We do not store customer credit or debit card details. We do not pass on any of your details to third parties except for the purposes of providing your name and dietary requirements to third parties where necessary.
4. Opera South reserves the right to change soloists, the conductor or any other of the performers due to events beyond its control. Where this change is known about in sufficient time in advance of the performance it will be announced on the website or you will be informed at the event. This will not be a reason for cancelling your ticket.
At the Events, for the enjoyment of all:
5. Latecomers will only be admitted at intervals or when there is no performance taking place. No refund is due should you miss any part of the performance due to your late arrival.
6. Dietary requirements: At events where catering is included in the ticket price we must be advised of any dietary requirements at time of booking or by email no later than 21 days before the event. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have received confirmation of your request in writing and to inform the event organisers on arrival of your confirmed request. Please note all food available at all OS events is prepared in kitchens where nuts are present.
7. As alcohol is served at all our events, anyone under 25 must carry ID with them should they wish to be served alcohol. Staff at the venues and volunteers will refuse to serve alcohol to anyone who appears to be 25 or under.
8. All mobile phones and other electronic devices must be switched off throughout the event. No flash photography is permitted. No photographs taken may be used for sale or profit.
9. The management reserves the right to refuse entrance to or ask to leave the performance of anyone whose behaviour is considered prejudicial to the enjoyment of others or is a threat to the health and safety of anyone present. No refund will be due.
10. Disabled Facilities: As OS uses a wide range of venues, if you are a wheelchair user or have any mobility issues, including with stairs, it is your responsibility to check by email on firstname.lastname@example.org that the facilities, including access to WCs, are suitable for you and so that we can endeavour to make arrangements to suit your needs where it is practical to do so.